GDPR in User.com
How User.com has been prepared for GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
We've analyzed all the requirements and prepared for the implementation of GDPR (May 25, 2018). We want you to go through the process without any issues, so here is what we've prepared for you:
Managing access to user attributes
- As per GDPR, the access to particular user attributes can only be granted to employees who need it. This is why you can now block or enable access to certain user attributes for selected agents.
- In some particular, complex cases, there used to be the possibility that a user who did not give permission to be contacted could receive an automated email with a chat message. This is why we've introduced an additional checkbox in the settings of the action module, "Chat message" called "Mark as read" that will eliminate such occurrences.
Data retention periods
- By default, anonymous user data in User.com will be stored for a limited number of days. We've also enabled you to select the time period for which data will be stored.
Our internal processes and legal aspects
- We've appointed a Data Protection Officer who will be in charge of data safety related product and organisational changes inside User.com.
- Working with subcontractors
- We are able to provide better service in large part thanks to our subcontractors. We're making sure that our cooperation with them is well documented and compliant with GDPR.
- Updated Data Processing Agreements