Why create Automations?
Automations are the very heart of marketing automation. It is a system that allows you to easily sketch automation rules in the form of graphs, which then allow you to automatically respond to user behavior.
How are Automations structured?
You can sketch flows by connecting three types of building blocks:
- Triggers - spark the process
- Conditions - allow you to focus actions on specific users
- Action Modules - what actually happens when the process is sparked
How to build action flows
Always start with a trigger, for example: “Page visit”.
- Specify which pageview you want to spark automations.
Add a Condition, for example, “Received email”.
- Define which email has to be received.
Add Action, for example: “send email campaign”.
- Choose the email you want to send.
- You can add multiple actions in a single path.
If somebody comes to your website from Facebook, then show a particular modal “Hi Facebook fan! A special offer for you today!” to this particular group of visitors.
You can find articles about different Module guides from the Automations panel here.