Put an unsubscribe button in your emails
A ready solution for an unsubscribe button for your emails
Why put an unsubscribe button in emails?
Unsubscribe buttons are a must-have. Not only are they an integral part of marketing etiquette, but without them, your emails would also be marked as spam, and your deliverability levels would plummet. This is why we provide you with a simple solution for putting an unsubscribe button in your custom templates.
How to add an unsubscribe button in the email
All you need to do is paste the piece of code provided below in your template or email message. When sent, It will be changed into a unique unsubscribe URL.
<div id="UE_unsubscribe">Unsubscribe message here</div>
Basically, any valid HTML element with attribute
will be turned into HTML element
<a href="#" ...>...</a>
How to set a button "Unsubscribe from a certain list"
If you are a service provider, you might have separate lists for newsletters and important alerts. When a user unsubscribes from the newsletter, you still want to send them alerts.
Here is how you can create an unsubscribe button that only stops you from sending one type of email.
- Go to "Tools" -> "Lists".
- Copy the tag from the column "Unsubscribe tag".
- Go to your email message ("Campaigns" -> "Email" -> "Resources" -> "Messages").
- Open the code mode. (Click on the gear icon to the right of the column, "Author", and choose "Edit code". ) Search for id="UE_unsubscribe".
- All you have to do is to replace the ID with the ID you've just copied. It should look something like this: UE_unsubscribe_list_123.
How to put an unsubscribe link with the email editor "Simple drag&drop"
This is even simpler than the option above. If you use the editor, "Simple drag&drop", to create/edit your email messages and email templates, then you only need to do one step!
When you open the email template with this editor, go to the panel on the right and find the section "Content". There, you will see the option "Unsubscribe". Simply drag and drop it where you'd like the link to be displayed inside your message/template.
You can modify the text and change "Unsubscribe" to "Click here to unsubscribe" or any other text you want. Just click on "Unsubscribe" in your template and the edit panel will appear on the right. That's all!
It is always a good practice to test your email by sending it to yourself just like you would send it to your Users. This way you can check any styling or code mistakes that might have been overlooked in the creation process.
- Create a new Email Campaign
- Choose an already created email, prepared to your Users
- Send it only to yourself or your Team as well to fully know how your message will behave on different email clients.