Let’s get it started!
Your first steps in the app
Step 1. Create your account
- Go to User.com, click the button "Login" then, in the top right corner, click "Create an account".
- Fill in your basic data and create a password.
- Add your company details.
- Decide on an "App Name" (for example: User Support). The name of the app will be displayed in the chat widget.
- If you have access to your website code, paste the visible snippet to your page.
Step 2. Set up your profile
Log in to your app and click the round 'person' icon in the top right corner of the screen. From the drop-down menu, click on your name then "General information" and update the following:
- First and last name
- Profile picture (an avatar that your users will see)
- Set up your language and timezone
- Change your password, theme, and email settings
You can get back here anytime and change the information to whatever you want.
Let’s look at some specifics in detail:
- To change the password, you need to enter your old password, followed by your new password which you'll need to confirm.
- In theme settings, you can choose the dashboard style you prefer.
- In email settings, decide if you want to receive a daily summary of your emails and notifications about new chat messages.
- Statistics: send me a daily summary
- Messages: notify me about new chat messages
Add an image to give the communication a personal touch. We don't recommend skipping this step. To upload an image, select a file and click "Upload" in your profile page.
Step 3. Import your users
If you want to import your users to User.com, you can do so directly with the CSV file or by using the Intercom and Mailchimp importer.
Please, remember to check the CSV file before importing data!
Step 4. Customize User.com for your needs
You want to know more about your leads and users to make them loyal happy customers. That’s why it’s important to gather all the pertinent information you can about them. There are two types of data: "User attributes" are about who your users are, while "Events" tell you about the behavior and actions of users on your website.
Learn more about "Custom attributes" here.
Get more info on "Events" here.