Find more about the "Redirects" module
Redirects allow you to send the user data to another URL, simultaneously creating the event and the user's authorization with the global cookie.
1. Go to Tools -> Redirects.
2. Click Create new.
- Enable the attributes you want to add to the URL the user will be redirected to.
- Click Save. After saving, the redirect_key will be generated.
- Enable its status.
How to create Redirect Url
- base url: https://yourAppName.user.com/redirect/redirect_key/
- redirect_key - key(Name) from User.com database generated when creating the Redirect.
- url - parameter indicating the URL to be user will be redirected to ?url=https://google.com (Required)
- email - parameter that gives the email address of the user being redirected &email@example.com (Optional)
- user_id - userID if it is known &user_id=BF0045 (Optional)
- event_name - event name with attributes &event_name=yourevent&even_attrname=eventattrvalue (Optional)
For the User.com application named Test, final URL will look similar to this, depending on attributes of your choice:
What the process looks like from User.com
- We receive the request.
- We check for a global cookie.
- If there is a global cookie, we extract the local cookie for user, for application that redirect_key is registered.
- If there is no global cookie, we create one.
- If there is no local cookie, we create one.
- If we have user_id to we have GC i LC based on user_id.
- We redirect.
- We create the event and note it in the timeline.
- We do everything to make the process as fast as possible (~80ms).