Information about the module "Redirect"
The module, "Redirect", allows you to redirect the user to another URL, simultaneously creating the event and the user's authorization with the global cookie.
1. Go to "Tools" -> Redirects.
2. Click "Create new".
a) Check the attributes you want to add to the URL the user will be redirected to.
b) After saving, the redirect_key will be generated.
c) Enable its status.
redirect_key - key from the UserEngage database generated when creating the redirect model, https://app.yourdomain.user.com/redirect/<redirect_key>/
url - parameter indicating the URL to be redirected to the user (required), ?url=https://google.com
email - parameter that gives the email address of the user being redirected (optional), &firstname.lastname@example.org
user_id - userID if it is known (optional), &user_id=BF0045
event_name - event name with attributes (optional), &event_name=yourevent&even_attrname=eventattrvalue
We encourage you to use redirect.userengage.com, not from app.userengage.com. It needs to be configured on the User.com side.
What the process looks like from User.com
- We receive the request.
- We check for a global cookie.
- If there is a global cookie, we extract the local cookie for user, for application that redirect_key is registered.
- If there is no global cookie, we create one.
- If there is no local cookie, we create one.
- If we have user_id to we have GC i LC based on user_id,
- We redirect.
- We create the event and note it in the timeline.
We do everything to make the process as fast as possible (~80ms).
Access to the module is granted to every user who is a "beta_tester" in Use.com. To become beta_tester, please contact your account manager.
Moreover, this user must have access to the section, "App settings", according to the permissions given to them in the application.