The module, "Redirect", allows you to redirect the user to another URL, simultaneously creating the event and the user's authorization with the global cookie.
1. Go to "Tools" -> Redirects.
2. Click "Create new".
a) Check the attributes you want to add to the URL the user will be redirected to.
b) After saving, the redirect_key will be generated.
c) Enable its status.
redirect_key - key from the UserEngage database generated when creating the redirect model, https://app.userengage.com/redirect/<redirect_key>/
url - parameter indicating the URL to be redirected to the user (required), ?url=https://google.com
email - parameter that gives the email address of the user being redirected (optional), &firstname.lastname@example.org
user_id - userID if it is known (optional), &user_id=BF0045
event_name - event name with attributes (optional), &event_name=yourevent&even_attrname=eventattrvalue
We encourage you to use redirect.userengage.com, not from app.userengage.com. It needs to be configured on the User.com side.
What the process looks like from User.com
- We receive the request.
- We check for a global cookie.
- If there is a global cookie, we extract the local cookie for user, for application that redirect_key is registered.
- If there is no global cookie, we create one.
- If there is no local cookie, we create one.
- If we have user_id to we have GC i LC based on user_id,
- We redirect.
- We create the event and note it in the timeline.
We do everything to make the process as fast as possible (~80ms).
Access to the module is granted to every user who is a "beta_tester" in Use.com. To become beta_tester, please contact your account manager.
Moreover, this user must have access to the section, "App settings", according to the permissions given to them in the application.