Learn what are Attributes and how to use them!
With User.com you can gather detailed data about everyone, who visited your website. Those informations are stored as attributes. You can create attributes not only for users but for deals and companies as well.
Standard and custom attributes
You can divide attributes in two sections: Standard and Custom.
Standard attributes are the most common and simple solution. Attributes can be information gathered as user enters your website(Country, browser, language) or after submitting a form(name, surname, phone number).
You can create Custom Attributes yourself. Here you can learn more about the process.
- "Name of the purchased product"
- "URL of the purchased product"
- Price of the product (USD)
- Amount of products in a cart
- Number of Agents created
- Scheduled delivery date
- Scheduled subscription renewal
- Opted for express delivery
- User used a coupon
Fixed choice attribute:
- Name - Value
- Multiple choice
- A number which decimal point can float
List of standard attributes:
Can be modified:
- Name (String)
- Last Name (String)
- Email (String)
- Phone Number (String)
- Gender (Logical value - 1-undefined, 2-female, 3-male)
- Last Seen (date&time)
- Last message received (date&time)
- Country (String)
- Region (String)
- City (String)
- URL (String)
- IP Address (String)
- Referrer (String)
- Timezone (String)
- Device (Logical value)
- Browser (String)
- Browser language (String)
- Browser version (String)
- OS (String)
- Hostname (String)
- Resolution (String)
- Company (String)
- Status (Logical value; visitor -1, user - 2)
- Assigned to (Logical value)
- Restricted to (String)
- Unsubscribed (Logical value)
- Facebook (String)
- LinkedIn (String)
- Twitter (String)
- Google+ (String)
- User ID (String)
- Enable notifications (Logical value)
Cannot be modified:
- Page visits (Integer)
- First seen (date&time)
- Last seen (date&time)
- Created (date&time)
- Updated on (date&time)
- Key (String)
- Email mx valid (Logical value)
- WebPush enabled (Logical value)
List of custom attributes
To see a full list of custom attributes go to Settings --> App Settings --> User attributes.
Where can I find user attributes:
You can find user attributes by going in to the users profile. You can look desired user up or just click on it in the People section.
Attributes are listed on the right
Second place you can see user attributes is the conversations section(chat). It makes it easy to instantly recognise a user.
To learn about updating attributes visit this page.
What can I use attributes for?
- For the start, you can filter your users using various attributes in the data base. Click on the filter icon to see all the attributes you can filter with.
- Depending on the attribute type you can use various filters:
- There are several action modules that involve attribute:
- Client's attribute change - automation starts when someone changes the attribute.
- Filters - i.e you can trigger an action when attribute will have desired value.
- A/B test (link) - i.e you can take action when value of one attribute is bigger than other.
- Attribute updated (link) - you can update an attribute.
- Changing custom attribute (link)- you can add or take the value from the intiger attribute.
- You can use attributes to personalize messages. Using snippet tags will give you quicker way to read attributes from the user's profile.
- Full list of snippet tags you will find in Tools --> Snippet tags.
Note: On all user attributes you are allowed to send empty values, in which case the attribute's value is set to empty.
There is one exception and it is user_id, which we do not allow to be set to empty. We use user_id as an identifier and you could by one rather minor mistake break down your database which would be extra troublesome to fix.