How to automate the assignment of a conversation when changing its status, regardless of the number of conversations assigned to a given user.
Use of automation
It is easy to create an automation path that allows you to assign opened/closed conversations to a given agent. Just use the two dice below:
However, things get complicated when:
- we want to check whether the closed/opened conversation is assigned to a given agent/group of agents
- the user to whom the conversation is assigned has more than one conversation
In the first point, we are not able to check the assignment before changing the conversation status, while in the second case, the update of the conversation by means of automation will always concern the most recent of them, while the change of status could concern a completely different conversation.
Due to the above issue, a new panel has been added available in the application settings, allowing you to solve the problem in a very simple way.
Panel Conversations assignment
The panel is available in Settings > App settings > Additional > Conversations assignment ( /assignments/ )
It is divided into three columns:
- Trigger - selecting the status to which the conversation has changed
- Assigned - selecting an agent or a group of agents to which the conversation was assigned before opening/closing it
- Assign to - selecting an agent or a group of agents to which the conversation is to be assigned after opening/closing it
The number of rules is limited only to the number of agents and agent groups (Assigned column), while the Assign to option (assignment after status change) can be repeated in each rule.
After entering the rules for closing/opening conversations assigned to selected agents, it will assign the conversation to another, selected agent or group of agents, regardless of the number of conversations existing for a given user.