How to send emails with custom SMTP settings
Send an email using your own domain email address
Why is it worth connecting your SMTP?
User.com SMTP service (handled by EmailLabs) offers you a high deliverability and reliability rate.
Additionally, if you have your own provider for email delivery, you may find it more attractive to send personalised emails. The best thing is that you will keep using User.com exactly like before. The only difference is the distinctive server used while sending your messages.
How to connect your custom SMTP
- Make sure that in your email settings, you have enabled connection to third-party services. If you are using Gmail, you may have to change the security settings to allow the connection. If Google apps are being used, the administrator is the only person authorised to change those settings. Here is a full article on that.
- Go to "Settings" -> "SMTP settings"
- Click the button, "Create new", and start filling out the form.
Here are all the fields:
- SMTP server: You need to find your mailing service provider host address. For Gmail, use smtp.gmail.com.
- User: In most cases, this is simply the email address of the account you want to use.
- Password: the password to your mailing account or a unique password if you have 2-step verification on your email account (instruction here)
- Email address: email address you are planning to use to send emails from.
- Reply-to address: the email address to which responses to emails are redirected to; (You can use your application email address in order to get replies right on chat).
- Sender Name: allows you to personalize the message.
- Port Number: depends on the provider (for Gmail, use 587).
- SSL: a security certificate; we strongly recommend using it if your provider allows one. (Please remember to turn it off for Gmail).
- TLS: security protocol, whether you can use it or not depends on the provider as well. For Gmail, please turn it on.
After you finished configuring your custom SMTP settings, it will appear as a new sender option. You can use it while creating an email campaign or in other places in the app where you can send messages to a specific user.
Example from campaign's view: